Job Role – Engineer- Milling
Hours of work: Shifts available – Days and Nights
Days – Monday – Thursday 7:45am- 5pm, Friday 7:45am-1pm, Nights – Monday – Friday 10pm-6am
Competitive Salary available
As a company BCW is one of the UK’s most advanced vertically integrated precision engineering companies. At our core we are a people business. We’re pro-active problem-solvers, working with the very best. Ours is a solutions focused approach. We pride ourselves on working with our customers to understand their challenges and find the engineering solution that best meets their needs.
You will be expected to produce machined parts by setting up and operating CNC milling machines/lathes as efficiently as possible within a dynamic manufacturing facility. You will be responsible for the manufacture of machined parts to meet precise customer requirements from a variety of industries such as Automotive, Aerospace, Mining, Commercial Vehicles and more. You must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and adhere to all quality and safety requirements at all times. As an experienced CNC Miller you may need to support and assist with training and mentoring others as and when required.
Key Skill required: –
General and Task Management
- Program vertical milling machines/lathes including zero and reference points, setting tools and registers, offsets, compensation of cutting tools.
- Create CNC program in line with drawing requirements, including geometry and the part prove out of programs.
- Report breakdown root causes, equipment faults and concerns to management
- Ensure all work is undertaken to a high-quality standard and adheres to all quality standard regulations
- Ensure company targets are met in respect of quality of parts produced
- Maintain the highest standards of workmanship at all times
- Be actively involved in improvement activities to support the achievement of departmental and company objectives
- Work within 5S (Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) methodology to maintain workplace to a high standard
- Ensure risk assessments are available, read and understood for each activity undertaken
- Promote environmental issues and ensure all company procedures are understood and followed
- Keep up with current and developing manufacturing and engineering trends regarding tool making
- Undertake special projects as required
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Experience in programming setting and operating CNC controlled Lathes.
- Conceptual skills, Process improvement, verbal communication, functional and technical skills, tooling coordination and attention to detail.
Click here to see role profile for more information –Role Profile engineer-milling
If you are interested in this vacancy please see attached job role profile. All applicants must submit a CV and a covering letter detailing how they meet the person specification and suitability for the role. Please clearly mark all correspondence in accordance with the job role you are applying for and send to: email@example.com